Monday, May 21, 2007

Sketchcrawl 14 sketches



I had the pleasure of being a part of sketchcrawl 14, which was a benefit for Emergency, an organization to help the civilian victims of war. I also attended the auction they held the next day. I was outbid on most of the art pieces I wanted to buy, but was very happy to win my bids for some very nice artwork by John Hoffman and Evelyn Hahn. I had a great time all around and you can't find a nicer and more creative group of people!


The first of these two sketches was done just before the sketchcrawl to warm up. I was very happy to find out that someone had bought it at the auction. The second was done during the crawl at Koit Tower in SF. I was blown away by the quality of the sketches from other artists on the crawl and I came to the conclusion that I need to practice sketching to improve my speed and to learn to create more aesthetically pleasing quick sketches. My sketches have always tended to be just studies for more extensive projects and I haven't focused on making them artful in themselves. Hopefully next time I'll come up with more I want to post.

9 Comments:

Blogger Emma said...

Hey Ron! I like the top one - nice colors without getting too muddy or busy in there. Is it your backyard?

9:39 PM  
Blogger Ron Bowman said...

Hi Emma. Thanks for the kind words. Yes, that's our backyard. Hally's to thank for the nice gardening back there. During the spring it's almost blinding to see all the roses blooming at once.

2:45 PM  
Blogger Colin Fix said...

Lookin' good Ron. The top one is particularly nice.

10:13 AM  
Blogger Jeff Adams said...

Really nice work Ron.

10:26 AM  
Blogger Nikki Lukas Longfish said...

yeah the top one is great. Keep up the good work.

2:06 PM  
Blogger dave yee said...

Great sketches Ron. It was good seeing you at the auction last week. Keep posting more.

4:44 PM  
Blogger Annimator said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6:48 PM  
Blogger Annimator said...

Hi Ron!
I love the loose style and colors of your paintings. The painting that you made of your bedroom when you were sick is a pretty original composition. I think the lighting in that one is really interesting too. It was also fun to look at your website. I especially liked the environment section. You have done some amazing work!

7:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

These are beautiful!!

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home